Chon Kit Kenneth Chan
PhD The University of Melbourne 2008
BE (1st Class Hons) The University of Melbourne 2003
BCS The University of Melbourne 2003
- 2015 - present University of Western Australia. Postdoctoral Bioinformatics Researcher
- 2013 - 2014 University of Queensland. Senior Research Officer
- 2011 – 2013 University of Queensland. Research Officer
- 2010 - 2011 Monsanto Biotech Research Center, Beijing, China. Collaboration Data Manager
- 2009 - 2010 Monsanto Biotech Research Center, Beijing, China. Bioinformatics Scientist
- 2008 - 2009 Objectiva Software Solutions, Beijing, China. Business Analyst
- 2008 - 2008 Microsoft China, Beijing, China. Software Development Engineer
- 2003 - 2004 AJAX Engineered Fasteners, Victoria, Australial. Mechatronics Engineer
I finished my PhD in Bioinformatics at the University of Melbourne focusing on developing algorithms for metagenomic sequence analysis.
After my PhD, I spent a few years travelling around northern China and worked there before coming back to Australia. I took up a few positions during my time in Beijing China. I worked in Microsoft Beijing as a Software Development Engineer; in a software company as a Business Analyst; and my last job there was working in Monsanto as a Bioinformatics Scientist focusing on developing genomic visualisation tools and later as a Collaboration Data Manager to handle all sequences and phenotypic data generated by Monsanto’s collaborators in China.
Then in early 2011, I joined Dave Edwards’ applied bioinformatics group in UQ. Since then, I have intensively worked with various NGS data. Following Dave's relocation to UWA in 2015, I have also moved from UQ to UWA.
My research interest is in NGS data management , analysis and visualisation, bioinformatics tool and pipeline development, and machine learning.
University of Western Australia
Tel: +61 (0)8 6488 4311