PhD University of Cambridge 2000
BSc (Hons) University of Nottingham 1989
- 2015 - present Professor University of Western Australia.
- 2012 - 2015 Professor University of Queensland.
- 2007 - 2011 Associate Professor University of Queensland.
- 2002 - 2007 Plant Biotechnology Centre, Victoria, Australia.
- 1997 - 2002 IACR Long Ashton, University of Bristol, UK.
- 1996 - 1997 Genetics Dept. University of Cambridge, UK.
I gained an Honours degree in agriculture from the University of Nottingham and a PhD from the Department of Plant Science, University of Cambridge. I have held positions within academia (University of Adelaide, Australia; University of Cambridge, UK; and McGill University, Canada), government (Long Ashton Research Centre, UK, Department of Primary Industries, Victoria, Australia) and industry (ICI seeds, UK). I moved to The University of Queensland, Australia in 2007 as an Associate Professor and Principal Research Fellow to support bioinformatics for the Australian Centre for Plant Functional Genomics, and promoted to Professor in 2012. In January 2015 I moved to The University of Western Australia. My research interests include applied agricultural biotechnology, the structure and expression of plant genomes, the discovery and application of molecular genetic markers and applied bioinformatics, with a focus on crops.
University of Western Australia